Happy Diwali Lakshmi Ganesh Puja Vidhi: (Happy Deepavali 2017) There are lots of cultural and traditional festivals celebrated by the people of Hindu religion. Diwali is one of the most popular festivals of Hinduism, it spiritually signifies the victory of light over darkness, good over evil.
Diwali, a most significant and traditional festival in Hinduism, the festival involves the puja of many Hindu god and goddesses but mainly Lord Ganesh and Goddess Lakshmi are worshipped by Hindu religion through the mantras, aarti, and prayer. The puja of goddess Sarasvati, Lord Shiva, and nine planets are also performed.
Process of Diwali Pooja
Diwali pooja starts in the evening. After sunset, all the family members are gathered at the place of pooja. It Is considered that worshipping this day bring peace, prosperity, and wealth in life. Five ghee Diya’s are kept in front of the statue of God and Goddess and then people start worship by song in the honor of Lakshmi and Ganesha. The worship ends up by reading aarti and distributing Prasad. People light the lamp around their houses.
Hindu worship Lord Ganesh very first before worshipping any god and goddesses. According to Hindu mythology, it is considered that the pooja is incomplete without the worship of Lord Ganesha. It is considered that Lord Ganesha eliminate all the difficulties of our life. Lord Ganesha is called as the Vighna Vinashak as he eliminates all the difficulties of the human life. According to the Hindu mythology, Lord Ganesha remove all the problems from human life and improve love among family members.
How to Perform Ganesh Pooja
- After cleaning the pooja room place the statue of Lord Ganesh at the place of pooja.
- Pray to Lord Ganesh by reciting mantras and bhajans.
- Meditate and call Lord Ganesh to the puja place which is known as Pran Prathishta.
- After Pran Prathishta, perform aarti and light the ghee Diya’s.
- Offer red rose flowers or garland. Make a tilak with red sandalwood paste.
- Offer the coconut by breaking it.
- Read aarti and take blessings by touching feet of the statue of Lord Ganesha.
Lakshmi puja is performed during Diwali. Goddess Lakshmi is the owner of wealth and prosperity. People do Lakshmi puja by putting oil and ghee Diya’s inside as well as outside their houses. people believe that lighting lamps everywhere would please the goddess Lakshmi and come to their home forever. People clean their home to enter the Goddess Lakshmi.
How to Perform Lakshmi Puja
- People clean their houses, paths, kitchen and other places using whitewash or just by dusting and wiping.
- People decorate their houses, paths, study rooms, offices, and all places near their home with a lighting system and Diya’s.
- After cleaning everything, according to calendar timing, Lakshmi pooja can be started in the evening time.
- People place a new red cloth at the lace of pooja.
- People put handful raw rice at the center of red cloth and then place a Kalash above the raw rice.
- Kalash should be filled with water having betel nut, flower, coin and some raw rice.
- Arrange five mango leaves in the Kalash and put a small amount of rice on it.
- Make a lotus flower at the rice with turmeric powder.
- Place the statue of goddess Lakshmi on it along with the coin.
Most Searched terms: Happy Diwali Puja Vidhi, Lakshmi Ganesh Puja, Diwali Pooja Vidhi